Friday, January 11, 2013
Highlights From Marc Jacobs's 92Y Discussion
Fans of Marc Jacobs got to see and hear the designer speak on Wednesday about his life and design career.
Some of the highlights included:
- He currently has 33 tattoos that include SpongeBob SquarePants, South Park characters Clyde Frog and Rumpletumskin and the red M&M. (He is considering adding more.) Why the cartoon characters? "The kids on the beach like them . . .," Jacobs jokingly replied.
- His favorite tattoo is the couch on his hip.
- There are talks of a Louis Vuitton fragrance.
- He works out at the David Barton gym 5 days a week. He's usually there from 9-11 Monday to Thursday and 10-11 (his later work out day) on Friday just in case you wanted to "bump" into him. Afterwards, he heads to the office.
- He loves giving credit to those who deserve it. A few of the people he mentioned included his nutritionist Lindsey Duncan, his tattoo artist Scott Campbell and his business partner Robert Duffy.